Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Polar Plunge

We came back from a zodiac cruise around 11:50 and in the Mud Room was a tall white board; written on on it in green was "Polar Plunge 12:00". Grant, Ryan, Hailey and I went up to are room and changed into our bathing suits then went back to the mud room.  There was a group of about 25-30 people ranging in age from the 30-80 years, minus my siblings and I as well as a 12 year old boy.

The four of us and the younger boy were the first to jump.

As you walk out onto the zodiac you think 'ok I'm just going to do this so I can say I swam in the Antarctic ocean'.















Then when you jump the  thought that goes through your head is ' why am I doing this? this is so stupid'.











After the you hit the water and are like ' it's not so bad'.  












Then as you reach the surface you're like ' Oh my god! This is freezing! Get me outta here!'

But you can't get out very easily because you body is completely numb and you can't move that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment